Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Oh, Sentimental Home!




"Where we love is home - home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts." - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr
In my 35 years, I have had the privilege of living in a few places away from home. First, was in Manila where, shortly after graduation from college, I grabbed an opportunity to work there. Then I moved to Singapore, where i lived for 8 years, and where my husband and I started our own family. Finally, I relocated to Canada where I now live with of course my husband and our son, Pico, who grows up too fast by the minute.
All these places, at some point or another, i have called home. Yet none, it seems, can ever truly replace Zamboanga, my hometown, the city of my birth and coming of age.

With fondness, I look back at the places I roamed in my youth and ever so often take a stroll down my childhood memory lane.

Though much has changed since I left - that somehow it no longer looks like the place I grew up in - in my heart, i know this is a place where I will always belong, for that sentimental link that lies deep within remains strong and infrangible.


No comments: